Thursday, September 15, 2011

Pump and Motherboard

New goodies arrived last night, so time for some photos and chit chat.



Swiftech MCP655 12v pump with 1/2 inch barb fittings.  It lists the voltage as 8 to 24 VDC and gives a maximum rate of 317gph, so I figure that at 12 volts it should be about 150gph (max pressure is 50psi, max head is 10 feet).  Fairly powerful and compact, but for the design I'm thinking of it will need to be mounted with the inlet pointing up, so I'm not exactly sure how it will be attached to the case just yet.

I also ordered a few more parts from Danger Den...  I've got a pretty nifty idea about how to connect both my radiators to one pump, I'm just hoping it all works out.

Biostar A780L3L "Mainboard"  ...  I'm still calling it a motherboard anyway.  All the standard bells and whistles plus the main reason I bought it; all the capacitors are solid.  It is shorter than my current one on both dimensions, but since my awesome ATI 4890 graphics card is so long the case will still need to be just as deep.  Will be able to make it a few inches shorter in one direction however, and that is quite nice.

Annoyingly, my acrylic has not arrived yet.  The acrylic 'welding solvent' that I had ordered has also not arrived, and this made me wonder why it was taking so long.  I looked up the tracking number and found out that apparently the usps had left a 'notice' on my door on the 12th.  Considering how it is now the 15th, I asked the rest of my family whether or not something had been left on our door.  After a bit of inquiry I finally located the notice that had been left and found that the package hadn't been delivered because it was apparently 85 cents short on postage.  Fail.

Thanks a lot ebay seller.

No comments:

Post a Comment