Monday, September 19, 2011

Assembly of Case

Luckily I had a day off from work today, so mid morning I went to the post office and grabbed my "Solvent Cement for joining Acrylic."  Never used the stuff before but after reading a few articles online and watching a few videos I figured I had all the basics down.

First few were pretty straightforward.  Apply cement to joint, bring pieces together, hold for a few seconds.  I stopped with the back off because I knew I needed to place some 'track' pieces on the inside first, and this made it easier to measure their placements correctly.


One corner.  A bit more bubbling than I would have liked, but I won't complain too much.  Yet.  I'll save that for when I leak test it.



Cutting the groove for the tracks.



Case and inside tracks completed.  Keeping the dust out of it until it sets up a bit better...  don't want dust to get into the wet acrylic and become a permanent eyesore.



Part of the tray on the back that will be used for holding the two radiators.  Took some serious thinking to come up with this, and I'm sure there would have been an easier solution...  but I have yet to find it.















Another view.  Crudely done but it should work.  I'll leak test it tonight and see how it fairs when I awake in the morning.

I did run into a little bit of trouble with the placement of the radiators because I hadn't taken into account their long barbs.  The solution was to move them back a bit further from the case, which makes it take up a bit more room but on the plus side it gives them better airflow as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment