Monday, September 5, 2011

First Post

So, who am I and what am I going to be writing about?

I am your not so typical, typical, nerdy CS student.  I like pizza, movies, games...  and Ultimate Frisbee.  Not an all inclusive list, and not necessarily in that order.

What am I doing?  Or, more to the point, what do I intend to do?  Nothing that hasn't been done before, I assure you.  Instead, I would like to do something that has been done before and make it as simple and as aesthetically pleasing as possible.

The whole story for this blog really comes from my love and hate for computers.  I love computers, no doubt about it.  I consider computing my hobby, but perhaps more specifically I am fascinated by the cooling that must be done in these machines.  I have visited many many overclocking/cooling/silencing sites in my time, and I have found that there is some ration of sound and cooling that people will settle for.  After all, what good is the absolute best in cooling if it sounds like you are driving down the highway with the windows rolled down?  Lose a little cooling ability, undervolt the fans, invest in passive heatsinks, you could do some of these.  Less cooling, but less noise.

I have done this for years now.  After reading the forums and awesome reviews of products at silentpcreview.com I became fully engrossed in making a computer totally silent while still achieving awesome cooling.  Now that I have been tinkering in this area for a few years, it is time to try something on the next level.

The mineral oil pc.

No comments:

Post a Comment