Monday, November 28, 2011

Updates...

Sorry I've been a while in posting, however everything was working and I just couldn't find the will to publish another post.

Well, it is not in an operational state anymore so here comes another update.

It was working fine up until last friday when I decided it was about time for an upgrade, what with black friday sales and such.

I emptied the oil and set about turning this basic box into an awesome pc case.  The number one goal I have is to mount the radiators in an efficient way, which meant quite a bit of drilling/welding as you shall see.

When I had it assembled enough to test it somehow my psu decided to die on me, so a new one is coming in the mail and I can't test it until then.

Sorry about the low number of pictures, my camera's battery died...


So, what do we have here?  The three main additions here are the stand, which raises the case 4 or so inches above the ground, the mounted radiators, and the fittings between the radiators and the case.

The stand is was just a simple thing I cut out of a chunk of acrylic and welded together, nothing too fancy...


Mounting the radiators was pretty straightforward, measured out a piece of acrylic and cut some holes in it (handheld drill + jigsaw), and glued it to the case  Fan's held in place by a few pieces of copper wire, goes with the look I think.



This was a PAIN to do.  Drilling out a 3/4" hole in 3/8" acrylic using only a hand drill...  not so much fun.  After a few hours of devoted attention I finally got them both drilled, wasn't able to thread them since I wasn't able to find the correct size tap, so I just sanded the holes a bit bigger and gooped the fitting up reall good before I set the in place.  Haven't thoroughly leak tested them yet...

I ordered 2 more heater cores (and fans) from DangerDen over black friday, I'm going to mount them to the right of the 2 there, so it will be a 2x2 square.  I only wish I had known I was getting 2 more sooner so I could have simple made a 2x2 mracket for the radiators instead of the 2 2x1 one's I'm going to make now.

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment